Top 10 male finishers in the Sekondi – Takoradi Half Marathon
Did you know that since independence the Ghana Athletics Association has never sanctioned any road race before 2020? The only road race event that was sanctioned by the Ghana Athletics Association (GAA) was the 2020 Sekondi – Takoradi Half Marathon.
The event was held on Saturday, 26 December 2020. The event was held on the principal streets of Sekondi and Takoradi thus the capital city of Western Region, Ghana.
The event became the first half marathon that Ghana Athletics Association (GAA) approved their route, time, and organisation. The Sekondi – Takoradi is officially the major and the biggest road race event Ghana has ever experienced in our history of athletics.
- The Dutch record holder Abdi Nagaaye is ready for Tokyo Marathon
- Ghana Athletics timetable at Tokyo Olympic Games
Everyone who took part made history and their times were automatically sent to the World Athletics for future reference. Although there has been a lot of races these results are authentic and certified by the Ghana Athletics Association (GAA). Top 10 male finishers in the Sekondi – Takoradi Half Marathon.
Below are the first top male 10 athletes in the Sekondi – Takoradi Half Marathon 2020.
- William Amponsah 1:02.51
- Samuel Awine 1:06.47
- Ishmael Arthur 1:08.40
- Samuel Sakyi 1:08.52
- Basit Afful 1:08.55
- Charles Kipsang 1:08.57
- Rajah Lagble 1:09.23
- Kwabena Frimpong 1:09.25
- David Nakousi 1:09.37
- Isaac Mensah 1:09.54
The full results will be updated soon for the general public.
- How to join Athletics Club in Ghana
- How to watch the Ghanaian Athletes at Tokyo
- Lariba Sakat “Am ready to take distance running to the next level”
- Sarfo Ansah: the hope of millions sends a motivational message to the local athletes
- Week Four of the Eleven Weeks Half Marathon Training Plan
- Week Three of the Eleven Weeks Half Marathon Training Plan
- Nadia Eke the Ghanaian Olympian Athlete
- Emmanuel Yeboah the Ghanaian Olympian Athlete