Tokyo 2020: Joseph Paul Amoah In Heat 1 Men’s 200m Semi-Finalist
Joseph Paul Amoah made history this morning in Tokyo Olympic Games by becoming the first Ghanaian track and field athlete to qualify to the semi-final round.
After running a season-best time in 20.35 seconds in one of the toughest heats. Joseph Paul Amoah has now been paired with some of the experienced 200m of all time.
Six of the athletes have personal bests of under 20 seconds. The task for Joseph is that he must run under 20 seconds to get an automatic qualification from his heat. The Coppin State University graduate is expected to qualify for the final of the Tokyo Olympic Games. Tokyo 2020: Joseph Paul Amoah in heat 1 men’s 200m semi-finalist.
- Tokyo 2020: Joseph Paul Amoah Secures Semi-Final Slot Men’s 200m
- Tokyo 2020 Joseph Amoah Pairs With ‘World Champion’ Noah Lyles
Can Joseph Paul Amoah break his own national record this time? The starting time is 11:00 GMT.
Below is the full list of the 200m heat 1
- Zhenya Xie from China with a personal best of 19.88 and a season-best of 20.34
- Anaso Jobodwana from South Africa with a personal best of 19.87 and a season-best of 20.72
- Erriyon Knighton from the United States of America with a personal best of 19.84 and a season-best of 19.84
- Femi Ogunode from Qatar with a personal best of 19.97 and a season-best of 20.16
- Rasheed Dwyer from Jamaica with a personal best of 19.80 and a season-best of 20.17
- Divine Oduduru from Nigeria with a personal best of 19.73 and a season-best of 19.88
- Eseosa Fostine Desalu from Italy with a personal best of 20.13 and a season-best of 20.29
- Joseph Paul Amoah from Ghana with a personal best of 20.08 and a season-best of 20.35
- Tokyo 2020 Soufiane EL Bakkali Wins The 3000m Steeplechase
- Tokyo 2020 Sifan Hassan Wins The Women’s 5000m Final
- Tokyo 2020 “The Women’s 5000M Finalists”
- Tokyo 2020 Men’s 3000m Steeplechase Finalists
- Tokyo 2020 Jasmine Camacho-Quinn Wins The Women’s 100m Hurdles
- Tokyo 2020 “The Women’s 100m Hurdles Finalists”
- Tokyo 2020 “The Men’s Long Jump Finalists”
- Lamont Marcell Wins The Olympic Men’s 100m Final