Jakob Ingebrigtsen With Historic Victory Over The Great Timothy Cheruiyot
The 20-year-old Jakob Ingebrigtsen made history today at Tokyo Olympic Games. Jakob has ended the winning streak of the great Timothy Cheruiyot from Kenya. Cheruiyot had never lost any of his last 12 races before in the 1500 metres.
The Norwegian teenage sensation beat Timothy Cheruiyot to win the Tokyo 2020 men’s 1500 metres final at the Olympic Sports Stadium, Japan.
- Peres Jepchirchir The New Olympic Marathon Champion
- Tokyo 2020: Women’s 10000 Metres Final Start List
- Brigid Kosgei Leads Tokyo Olympic Women’s Marathon
Ingebrigsten did a time of 3:28.32 which is an Olympic Record and a new European Record respectively.
Timothy Cheruiyot’s 13th clash with Jakob Ingebrigsten and now he was beaten. Timothy did a time of 3:29.01 and he took the silver.
Great Britain Josh Kerr also hold on to the bronze medal in a time of 3:29.05. Josh runs a new personal best time.
Timothy after the race gave his bracelet to Jakob for finally beating him. What a kind of gesture and respect from the great Kenyan Athlete Timothy Cheruiyot. Jakob Ingebrigtsen with historic victory over the great Timothy Cheruiyot.
- Joshua Cheptegei wins Men’s 5000m Gold At Tokyo Olympic Games (Results)
- TOKYO 2020: 4×100 METRES WOMEN’S FINAL START LIST
- Tokyo 2020: 1500 METRES WOMEN’S FINAL START LIST
Below is the official result
- Jakob ingebrigsten – 3:28:32 OR
- Timothy Cheruiyot – 3:29.01
- Josh Kerr – 3:29.05 PB
- Abel Kipsang – 3:29.56 PB
- Adel Mechaal – 3:30.77 PB
- Cole Hocker – 3:31.40 PB
- Stewart Mcsweyn – 3:31.91
- Michal Rozyms – 3:32.67
- Jake Heyward – 3:34.43
- Jake Wightman – 3:35.09
- Oliver Hoare – 3:35.79
- Charles Grethen – 3:36.80
- Ignacio Fontes – 3:38:56
- TOKYO 2020: 5000 METRES MEN’S FINAL START LIST
- Tokyo 2020: 4×100 Metres Relay Men’s Final Start List
- Ghana 4×100m Relay Team Qualify To Final Set National Record (Video)
- Job vacancy @ Athletics hour dot com