CWG 2022 – GAA Shortlists 14 Athletes for Birmingham Games
The Ghana Athletics Association (GAA) has shortlisted fourteen (14) athletes to represent Ghana ahead of the upcoming Commonwealth Games (CWG).
The athletes who will represent Ghana in the 2022 CWG in Birmingham have been announced by GAA.
The 14 participants will compete in 7 separate events, with sprints accounting for the majority of their participation.
The squad consists of the men’s 100-meter, 200-meter, high-jump, and long-jump national record holders.
In the 4×100-meter relay races for both men and women, the GAA has also entered participants.
The CWG is slated to take place from July 28 to August 8, 2022. The team also includes athletes from boxing, swimming, and other sports.
The contingents and their respective disciplines can be found below:
- Mary Boakye – 4x100m relay
- Latifa Ali – 4x100m relay
- Halutie Hor – 4x100m relay
- Gifty Oku Kwakyewaa – 4x100m relay
- Deborah Acquah – long jump & 4x100m relay
- Abigail Kwarteng – High Jump
- Rose Amonimaa Yeboah – High Jump
- Martha Bissah – 800m and 1500m
- Benjamin Kwaku Azamati – 100m, 200m, 4x100m relay
- Joseph Paul Amoah – 100m, 200m, 4x100m relay
- Sean Safo Antwi – 100m & 4x100m relay
- Isaac Botsio – 4x100m relay
- Barnabas Agerh – 4x100m relay
- Alex Amankwa – 800m
OLY Andrew Owusu
Bawah Fuseini, Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana Athletics Association.