All Your Questions Have Been Answered
All Your Questions Have Been Answered
There were a lot of questions being sent by our cherished fans on last week’s training plan. We are going to answer most of them but if yours is not answered to your satisfaction you can write us for more clarification. Although the questions were randomly selected by our expected team. All your questions have been answered.
- Benjamin Kwaku Azamati the Ghanaian Olympian Athlete
- Sean Safo Antwi the Two-Time Ghanaian Olympian Athlete
“I TRIED TO RUN VERY FAST BUT I GOT TIRED AND COULDN’T COMPLETE MY WORKOUT”
This question actually was repeated almost 5 times from different locations. It was asked by our beginner’s athletes. It is common in all activities, when you start training for the first time, you will feel some unusual pains in your whole body. You need to start at a very slow pace for the whole duration of the workout as a beginner. When you are running and you feel very exhausted or tired you can walk at a very fast pace to regain your energy.
Your body needs to adjust to the new training plan. Sometimes when you start you will feel very strong, don’t go fast just keep your normal slow pace till the end of the workout as a beginner. Always remember one thing the aim is to finish the whole work but the time doesn’t matter.
- Joseph Paul Amoah the Ghanaian Olympian Athlete
- Joseph Amoah to Prof. Badu Kobi: Please Don’t Prophesize About the Ghana Olympic Team
“I FELT A LOT OF PAIN AFTER THE THIRD DAY OF TRAINING”
The pains are inevitable because your muscles are now opening for the workout load ahead. Try to use ice after training on your legs and bathe in cold water immediately after training. Drink enough water and eat a heavy meal at least 30 minutes after training. Make sure the food contains more proteins and carbohydrates and must be a well-balanced diet. Eating good foods helps you to recover faster.
Fruits and vegetables must be added to foods always.
“I HAD MUSCLE PULL WHEN DOING MY SPEED WORK”
The main reason was that the athlete did not warm up very well. There are a lot of causes for a muscle strain or pulled muscle
- It occurs when your muscle is over-stretched during running. This talks about your strides you shouldn’t stretch your legs too much to reach a far distance.
- It also occurs as a result of overuse, the improper wearing of shoes, and sometimes fatigue. You need to wear the right shoes for the right training and also check where you are going to train that’s the surface.
The muscle strains or pulled muscles can be self-treatable
- By icing your leg regularly at least 4 times a day, 12-15 minutes
- Rest for at least two weeks. Stay away from any activities that can cause pains
- Use compression shocks or an elastic bandage to avoid swelling
- CEO of Ghana Athletics Association: Our Educational Policy Doesn’t Allow Sports In Our Various Schools.
- Joseph Paul Amoah: We Are Focused And Hungrier For Success
“HOW CAN I ADD THE GYM WORK TO MY TRAINING”
The strength training here needs a little supervision if you don’t know much about what to do at the gym center. Remember that weightlifting training is different from athletic strength training. Although strength training is very important for all athletes.
- Breaking news: Ghana Athletics Appeals For Urgent Support Ahead Of Tokyo
- Confirmed: Team Ghana Athletes To Tokyo Olympics
“I DON’T HAVE A GYM IN MY AREA”
There are a lot of alternative training to replace your gym work if you don’t have some. The push-ups, sit-ups, plank, squat, lunge, and pull (tugging towards you)
The push up helps you to build the upper body strength (triceps, pectoral muscles and shoulders which help you to have a stable hand when running.
The sit-up is an abdominal endurance training exercise. It helps you to tighten, tone, and strengthen the abdominal muscles.
The squat helps you to strengthen the muscles in the leg and tone your lower body. Your calves, quadriceps, and hamstrings with other muscles are being strengthened automatically.
The lunge will increase your muscle mass to build strength. The lunge training is where you put one leg is positioned forward with your knee bent down and the foot on the ground.
The plank is an isometric core strength type of exercise. The plank hold engages multiples muscles in your body. At least for a beginner you can hold on for 30 seconds will an amateur athlete from 45 seconds – 1 minute upwards.
All your questions have been answered.
All these strength training also burns fat and you can do it at home, at work or after training.
There were a lot of questions being asked but the most common ones are answered.