20 Benefits of Coffee
Coffee is now becoming the number one tea in the world. Coffee can be taken in the morning, afternoon, or evening, with or without food, while some even consume it after/before meals.
Studies show that over 1 billion people all over the world drink coffee daily. Additionally, people from the United States of America, USA only drink around 400 million cups of coffee each day. read more
Below is the list of the 20 benefits of coffee
- Coffee stimulates gastric, biliary, and pancreatic secretions
- Coffee induced changes in the composition of the gut microbiota.
- Coffee stimulates the motor activity of the colon
- Coffee decreases the risk of stones (both gallstones and kidney stones)
- Coffee contains caffeine which significantly increases colonic moto activity.
- Coffee protects effects against liver cancer and all other liver-related diseases
- Coffee may prevent cholesterol gallstone formation
- Coffee may trigger the gastrocolonic response or reflex
- Coffee is good for your liver
- Coffee may decrease the risk of these cancers – melanoma, other skin cancers, breast, prostate, endometrial, colon and liver.
- Coffee may decrease the risk of most cancers
- Coffee reduces the lower esophageal sphincter pressure and stimulates gastric secretions. This may be why you hear about avoiding GERD but the evidence is weak related to dietary causes of GERD.
- Coffee contains fiber
- Coffee plays a role in the brain-gut axis. It may activate the sympathetic nervous system. This goes beyond the effects of caffeine alone.
- Coffee reduces the all-cause mortality rate
- Coffee reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases such as stroke, coronary artery disease and death from a heart attack.
- Coffee reduces appetite and increases basal metabolic rate
- Coffee has an effect on glucose metabolism likely via the liver and decreases the risk of type 2 diabetes
- Coffee reduces the risk of depression and suicide
- Coffee also decreases the risk of Parkinson’s disease.